Monday, May 11, 2009

What's Love Gotta Do With It?

So, earlier in my blogging I mentioned how my boyfriend and I had got into it bad, and how since then, we have fixed things for the better. Well, things have kind of been on a slippery slope since then. Let me first start off by saying he's 28, which means he has ways that can and will not change. This is kind of a bad situation because there are things that I want that he simply can't adjust to due to the fact he has grown into the person he is probably going to be for the rest of his life. And, this really leaves me in a hard place because I'm in love with someone that I expect certain things from that is likely not going to change. What do I do? Maybe leave it alone? No, because you can't just drop in and out of love with someone that you really feel you're supposed to be with. One of my cousins (who is my part time counsler lol) told me something that has stuck with me for a long time now, she said you can't change people, you just have to change your expectations of them. This makes so much sense, but the only downfall is I too have grown to want certain things, so it's not easy to just stop wanting the things you've always had; it's possible just terribly hard. I'll bare with him for as long as I can, but my question is when does it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment