I didn't have a title for this when I wrote it, but I've come to realize this happens a lot! But, thats another subject in itself.
I guess what this poem entails is you can't get to the point your trying to reach without working hard to get there. I know everyone is familiar with the saying, "anything worth having, is worth fighting for," I live that! If I want to be able to go to the store and buy clothes or shoes, I should have the desire to work for that money. I feel that same theory applies when it comes to getting your education. If you want to be that CEO, or that Film Director, that stuff doesn't come easy nor is it given to you. Something that always gets to me is when those who are less fortunate come up to me and ask for money. Not only are they asking for your hard earned money, their asking you to give it to them free! My question is what have you done to deserve "free" money? Also, why are you different from Me? If I was to stand outside and ask for money, people would look at me crazy. So, I feel if I'm expected to get up, get out, and get something, why aren't they? I don't mean to be harsh and mean because I do my share of helping them out, I just feel that no one has a real explanation as to why they can't to succeed. Many have excuses, but really no explanations and those two words mean two totally different things.
You have to work hard to show your worthy of that position you want. So, I say work hard! No matter how hard it may get it will always... ALWAYS pay off in the long run.

Hey Stephanie, it's Mickey. The things you had said above are certainly bound to raise some hairs, but that's great because when your passion comes out someone's eyebrow will raise and be like, "damn!" Although I do not agree on your takes for the homeless asking for money (strictly because some of them are born into it, while some do it themselves. I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter). Everyone says for them to get their lives together, but some simply can't because they have been screwed over too hard never having a chance in the first place, are extremely ill, and some are not mentally stable to even hold a job. Some are even shunned from their families, leaving them with no where to go, no one to lean on, and no money to borrow. People stare in fear at a homeless person as they walk into a grocery store wondering what they are going to steal next, if myself, you, or anyone else in our class had walked in (minus any given stereotype or appearance) we wouldn't be given a second glance because we look appropriate.
ReplyDeleteSuccess is something that everyone desires, but it doesn't come to everyone: even the people who do work for it. Someone could be working at a fast food chain with a Bachelor's Degree, but still cannot land a job somewhere due to the economy or just their ability to not get the job of their choice.
The path to success is either very difficult or handed over to you. Look at some current celebrities for instance and even their children who at three years old have biographies written about them.
I do, however, love the way you think because it's entirely different than the ways in which I look at situations. So, I think this is going to be very interesting to read. See you soon!
XOXO
Hey Stephanie, it's Sam. I really like the way you started your blog off with a poem. It really speaks truth. I am also the kind of person who is a very hard worker for what I have which still isn't much but enough for now.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have real passion about what you are writting and I really admire that. I also agree with what Mickey has said regarding the homless. I mean as far as I'm concerned, yeah O.K. some of those people don't deserve your money. But you don't know that. You don't know what they have been through to be in the position they are in.
Life is hard and I can remember times in my life I had no money for food. I never asked anyone for help and fought for it on my own but it's not always that easy for others.
Some people can't work. They just can't and some people don't have the family to help them out so they have lost hope.
Maybe with a little of the change you have in your pocket you can inspire someone to get up and try harder. And if not then you'll have the gratification of knowing you helped someone less fortunate than you. I hope to read more of what you have to say though. I really like seeing your views on life.
~Sam